Skip to main content

Pascagoula-Gautier School District

Mobile Menu Toggle

Human Resources

Welcome! to the Pascagoula-Gautier School District's Human Resources page.

We are committed to providing you with outstanding support service. If you need assistance with or have questions about benefits, payroll, or other job-related questions, we are here for you!

PERS is now accepting the Pre-Application for retirement at the end of this school year (2024).  

If you plan to retire in 2024, please contact Cindy Hardy (Brister) at 228-938-6515 now.  We need to set an appointment date to complete the Pre-Application for Retirement.  At this appointment, you will need the following documents:  social security card, valid driver's license or birth certificate and the social security number and date of birth of at least two individuals you may list as a beneficiary.  See the PERS website Public Employees Retirement System of Mississippi for seminar dates and registration information.  We strongly encourage employees to attend a meeting with PERS about 2 years before becoming eligible to retire.


Deferred Compensation  

Learn more at:  Mississippi Deferred Compensation Plan


New Educator Information System: Mississippi Career Continuum Archive (MECCA) System 

Click Here to Access MECCA   

MECCA Account Registration User Guide

Licensure Guidelines K12

Contact Cindy Hardy, 228-938-6515 or [email protected], with questions. 



  • Human Resources,  Manager
    Cindy Hardy       
    Phone: (228) 938-6515 [email protected]

    Responsible for: Contracts, Supplements,  Family and Medical Leave Act, MS Ed. License Renewal, Retirement

  • Human Resources, Assistant
    Darea Salters
    Phone: (228) 938-6506   

    Responsible for: Active Resources, Job Postings, Employment Verification, Change of Name/Address, New-Hires, Fingerprinting

  • Bookkeeper, Payroll
    Meagen Smith 
    Phone: (228) 938-6202       [email protected]

    Responsible for: Active Resources, Direct Deposits, Salary Verifications, Payroll, Time-Keeping/Payroll Processing, Donated Leave

  • Bookkeeper, Employee Benefits
    Jackie Theisen 
    Phone: (228) 938-6510     [email protected]

    Responsible for: Health, Life, American Fidelity Information, Worker's Compensation